Canada’s Technology Triangle (CTT) International Reception & Dinner
Canada’s Technology Triangle (CTT) is pleased to once again bring together 300+ of the “Who’s Who” of the business community, academia, as well as local, provincial and federal government along with 25 International Ambassadors and Consuls General from such high profile countries as China, Brazil, Germany, USA, India at its International Reception & Dinner on Thursday November 29th at the Waterloo Inn.
When: Thursday November 29, 2012 / 5:30PM-9:30PM
Where: Waterloo Inn Conference Hotel – 475 King Street North – Waterloo, ON. N2J 2Z5
This year’s keynote speaker is the Honourable Dr. Lloyd Axworthy, who will share his insights on “Shifting Landscapes—Canada’s New Role in the Global Economy” Dr. Axworthy is a prominent Canadian, politician and statesman and is best known for having served as a as a Minister of Foreign Affairs. His other notable accomplishments include:
- Past President of the United Nations Security Council,
- Nominee for a Nobel Peace Prize,
- Envoy to the United Nations,
- Officer of the Order of Canada, one of Canada’s highest honours for lifetime achievement,
- Currently, Dr. Axworthy is serving as the President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Winnipeg
The Ambassadors/Consuls General, Dr. Axworthy, along with CTT CEO John Jung will tour the Region visiting such high profile organizations as COMDEV, CIGI (who is hosting a “by invitation only” lunch at their offices in Waterloo), the Perimeter Institute and Communitech.
Guests can also show their international spirit while celebrating our national pride as you sample Canadian Whiskies at the Cocktail Reception. Those planning to attend are required to make a reservation, additional information and registration details can be accessed through the CTT Event Page.
Small Business Funding Grants for Reaching a Global Economy
Alongside the ongoing theme of this event, businesses can also learn about Canadian Government grants for export market development activities:
- Export Markets Access (EMA) – Provides up to $30k on a cost matching basis (50%) for eligible activities including international trade show attendance, fairs, exhibits and other marketing tools to attract foreign market attention.
- Going Global Innovation (GGI) – May apply for up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a max of $75k in non-repayable business funding grants for a targeted networking strategy with the intentions of seeking out international collaborative opportunities to form strategic partnerships.
- Ontario Exporters Fund (OEF) – Max of $50k in non-repayable grant funding to subsidize the wages of hiring a new Export manager to increase your company’s international revenue streams.
Mentor Works Ltd. offers expert support and advice for businesses looking to receive Canadian Government Funding support for expansion and business development projects. To find out more, please contact one of our Canadian Government Funding Experts and make sure to sign up for our Weekly Ontario Business Funding E-Newsletter to receive the latest funding release updates and program info.