Canadian Government Grants and Loans for R&DEditor’s Note: Since this article’s posting, TECTERRA funding programs have been re-launched to provide enhanced support. For details of these new funding streams, visit Mentor Works’ TECTERRA program page.

Businesses in the field of geomatics can benefit substantially from TECTERRA’s services. TECTERRA Commercialization Support Services Canadian business grants offers investment and grant funding programs as well as networking opportunities and a state-of-the-art laboratory. TECTERRA’s main goal is to assist companies with innovative technology in the geomatics field to successfully develop and commercialize their products.

TECTERRA Canadian Business Grants Company Eligibility

The Commercialization Support Services (CSS) small business grants program is open to start-up companies and small businesses located in Canada whose core focus is on creating new geomatics technology. The CSS program provides funding to cover the cost of business development skills training through qualified vendors. TECTERRA Canadian small business grants will pay for 75% of the training costs as grant funding. The remaining 25%, paid up front by TECTERRA, is repayable by the applicant. Each applicant can access up to $50,000 in funding per year for eligible projects. Repayment of funds is expected on a quarterly basis.

Canada Small Business Grants through TECTERRA

The following business skills are considered eligible for funding by the CSS program through TECTERRA’s list of qualified vendors:

  • Entrepreneurial coaching
  • Strategic planning and mapping of programs & tactics to strategy
  • HR management and development
  • Project management
  • Risk identification and mitigation strategies
  • Supply chain management
  • Go to market techniques and opportunity assessments
  • Promotion, communication and branding strategies
  • Intellectual property management
  • Financing options and exit strategies
  • Other skills & practices important to commercialization success

CSS Canadian Government Grants Eligible Training Costs

Costs associated with training, which are eligible for the CSS Canadian government grants program, are:

  • Consultancy service fees of Approved Service Providers (ASP)
  • Travel expenses
  • Reference materials and supplies
  • Workshop and conference registrations
  • Other necessary direct costs

CSS Canadian Small Business Government Grants Ineligible Expenses

Expenses that are not eligible for CSS government grants for small business are:

  • License or other regulatory, administrative or legal fees
  • Business organization fees
  • Salaries or time charges for the applicant or its employees
  • Indirect or overhead expenses from the applicant including allocated space or facility costs
  • Gifts
  • All expenses not related to the activity
  • Refundable GST

Apply for Canadian Government Funding

Share with friends   

Written by

Ryan has a BA in economics, an MSc in management, and several published works including two books. As Marketing Analyst at Mentor Works, Ryan enjoys communicating with business owners & executives about government grants and funding available to help overcome obstacles to growth.

Comments 0

Leave a Reply