The Growing Forward 2 Ontario: Organizations and Collaborations stream provides government grants to support the partnership of non-profit organizations, small businesses, and research/academic institutions who are enhancing the abilities, yields, and productivity of Ontario’s agriculture industry.
Eligible applicants may receive up to 50-75% of expenses to a maximum $500,000 in Ontario government grants.
The five-year (2013-2018) program is designed to support the success of Ontario’s agriculture industry. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA), GF2 Ontario’s Organizations and Collaborations stream provides provincial grants to agri-based producers and processors seeking to adopt innovative practices, increase competitiveness, and sustain strategic collaborations.
The final application intake deadline for GF2 Ontario’s Organizations & Collaborations stream is February 16, 2017.
Growing Forward 2 Ontario Agriculture Grants for Organizations and Collaborations
Growing Forward 2 Ontario’s Organizations and Collaborations stream provides funding to agri-based non-profits in Ontario, as well as agri-business collaborations including partnerships between two or more for-profits, non-profits, and/or academic institutions.
Eligible candidates can use Ontario agriculture grants to address any of the following priority areas:
- Productivity and labour enhancement;
- Leadership and business development;
- Market development;
- Assurance systems (including food safety, traceability, and animal welfare);
- Plant and animal health; and
- Environment and climate change adaptation.
GF2 Ontario’s Organizations & Collaborations Program Stream Eligibility
Two types of applicants may receive funding through the program. This includes:
- Solidify a partnership between two or more for-profit businesses, non-profit associations, and/or academic/research institutions; and
- Collaboration’s primary focus is centred around Ontario’s agriculture, agri-food, agri-products sector.
- Based in Ontario-based and legally recognized as an industry entity;
- Involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector;
- Capable of entering into a contract, including, but not limited to: associations; marketing boards; and aboriginal groups; and
- Must have an organization membership comprised primarily of Ontario residents.
Support Your Agriculture and Agri-food Initiatives with Ontario Small Business Grants
To qualify for up to $500,000 in Ontario agriculture grants, organizations and collaborations should demonstrate:
- Improvement in agricultural and agri-food business’ practices/processes;
- Investment in skills training and workforce development;
- Sustained strategic partnerships and shared risk;
- Business growth through access to new markets; and
- Accelerated innovative projects and profitability increases.
Apply for Growing Forward 2 Ontario Agriculture Grants
Growth-oriented agri-based businesses and non-profits in Ontario can accelerate their innovative projects by accessing the final round of Growing Forward 2 grants. The program’s deadline is quickly approaching; candidates for this program must apply by February 16, 2017.
To confirm your eligibility for Growing Forward 2 Ontario or discover agricultural funding programs to reduce future project costs, please contact Mentor Works.
Learn More About Growing Forward 2 Organizations and Collaborations
- Growing Forward 2 Ontario Organizations & Collaborations Final Deadline is Feb. 16, 2017
- Impact the Future of Government Funding – Growing Forward 2 Feedback
- Growing Forward 2 Ontario Grants: 2016 Deadlines
- Qualify for Growing Forward 2 Ontario Org. & Collab. Government Grants
- Growing Forward 2 Ontario Government Grants for Organizations and Collaborations