The YMCA High Demand Youth Internship Program (HD YIP) small business government grants program is a wage subsidy that offers $8 per hour to employers looking to hire a recent graduate for a 16 week period starting no later than November 18th, 2013.
YMCA HD YIP Canadian Business Grants Update: Apply Now to Avoid Disappointment
We are advising our clients interested in this grants from the Canadian government for hiring program to apply within the next couple of weeks in order to receive acceptance before funding has been depleted. Once reading through eligibility details please contact a Canadian government funding expert through the YMCA HD YIP contact page.
YMCA HD YIP Canadian Small Business Grants Details
Below is general information regarding this government small business grants program:
- Participating employers will be reimbursed $8.00 per hour from the Federal Government for hiring an intern,
- The minimum a YMCA intern can earn is set at $16/hr,
- Interns must be hired for at least 16 week period (start date must be no later than November 18th),
- The intern must work at least 30 hours per week up to a maximum of 40 hours per week,
- Underemployed Youth: Candidates may be currently employed in either a PT or FT position so long a it’s unrelated to their education or intended career path,
- Reimbursement: Occurs at the end of the internship period (approx. 3 weeks from internship end date),
In order to qualify for the YMCA Canadian government grants employers must also agree to the following:
- Pay the Mandatory Employment Related Costs (MERCS).
- Place Interns in a pre-existing available position (i.e., currently vacant),
- The applicant firm would not have considered inexperienced youth for this position in the absence of the wage subsidy.
YMCA HD YIP Canada Small Business Grants –Additional Important Information
As we noted in our August 2013 blog update on YMCA HDYIP here are a few important points that potential applicants to this program ought to consider before applying to this Canadian small business government grants program:
1.) There is No Limit on the Number of Applications One Employer May Submit to the HD-YIP Program
Several of our clients have successfully accessed funding for multiple employees under this program. It is suggested that those interested in funding multiple hires should get started on their applications as soon as possible in order to receive acceptance from the program while funding is still available.
2.) Within the application it MUST BE STATED that the intention is to offer a 1 year employment commitment at the end of the internship.
No exceptions to this rule.
3.) The HD-YIP Program is a minimum 16 week internship with a scheduled completion date of March 10th, 2014. (Priority will be given to those longer than 16 weeks).
Please Note: The scheduled start date can be no later than November 18th. For those who may not be able to apply in time, please stay tuned to Mentor Works for additional small business grants for hiring opportunities.
Find Out More about the YMCA Canada Government Grants Program
Find out more about this Canadian business grants program please choose from one of the following:
Learn More about Canadian Business Grants and Loans
If you are interested in learning more about Canada small business grants and loans opportunities for your business please sign up for our small business grants and loans weekly e-newsletter, and follow us on social media:
If you are located in Southern Ontario, please consider coming out to a Canadian government funding workshop –complimentary for qualified business owners and leaders.