Every business has a growth strategy. However, a common barrier to growth shared amongst most Canadian businesses is available cash flows. Fortunately, businesses can turn to Canadian government grants for small business growth. Whether you are expanding your facility, purchasing new capital equipment, or entering new markets, Canadian government funding is available for mature, growth-oriented companies.
Need help building a Canadian government funding strategy?
Begin building a Proactive Funding Plan™ today!
Browse Funding for Business and Export Expansion
Business development grants, loans, and other incentives may support businesses across the country. Use the following categories to reveal funding for your upcoming project.
Canadian Government Funding for Business and Export Expansion
Canadian business development and export funding may be accessed through:
Ontario Government Funding for Business and Export Expansion
Ontario business development and export funding may be accessed through:
Alberta Government Funding for Business and Export Expansion
Alberta business development and export funding may be accessed through:
Manitoba Government Funding for Business and Export Expansion
Manitoba business development funding may be accessed through:
- Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSBP)
- Manitoba Industrial Opportunities Program (MIOP)
Currently Unavailable Business and Export Expansion Programs
Canadian government funding programs often pass through cycles where funding is released, then becomes depleted over time. The following programs are well-oriented for business expansion projects, but at this time, are not open for application submission:
- Advanced Manufacturing Fund
- Agri-Marketing Program
- Automotive Innovation Fund (AIF)
- CME SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth
- Community Futures Program
- FedDev Ontario Training Program
- Greenbelt Fund: Local Food Investment Fund
- Growing Forward 2 Ontario
- Innovation Superclusters Initiative (ISI)
Business Funding Grants & Loans for Facility Expansion, Relocation, and Upgrading
Mentor Works has helped hundreds of businesses find business funding grants to support their facility expansion projects, including:
- Relocation to a larger facility;
- Extension of a existing facility; or
- Upgrading an existing facility with advanced technologies.
Our clients were able to use government small business grants and loans to subsidize their third party contractors, engineering fees, equipment, software, labour, process audits and overhauls, as well as other related costs to assist with their business expansion.
Canadian Government Funding for Export Expansion
In 2015, exporting has accounted for 31.58% of Canada’s GDP, up from nearly 29.5% in 2011 according to Industry Canada. To fuel export expansion efforts, Canadian business grants are available to help improve Canadian businesses’ export presence, including coverage for the following projects:
- Product certifications and industry standards;
- International trade shows and related expenses;
- Outbound and inbound trade missions;
- Translation of marketing materials;
- Market research and competitive analysis;
- Purchase and implementation of capital equipment to support increased exporting and
- Hiring of employees related to international market development.