The Health Technologies Fund (HTF) was created to support development of leading, market-ready healthcare technologies that are made in Ontario. Government grants will encourage R&D partnerships that result in the evaluation, adoption, or diffusion of healthcare technologies.
- Amount: Grant covering up to 50% of project costs; maximum $500,000 for Pre-Market Evaluations, and $1,000,000 for the Early Adoption of validated technology in healthcare settings.
- Timeline: Program is open and accepting applications until May 9, 2018.
- Eligibility: Technology companies must form a Health Innovation Team (HIT). HITs must include an Ontario technology company, one or more providers of publicly-funded health services, and academic researchers.
Top Health Technologies Fund Resources:
- Health Technologies Fund Overview Blog: Learn more about how the Health Technologies Fund can support your Ontario business’ research and development projects. This article outlines more information about the grants, who is required to form your Health Innovation Team, and types of expenses that can be recovered.
- Health Technologies Fund Program Update: Learn when to apply for the Health Technologies Fund. This article details upcoming application intake dates and provides clarity on the application process.
- Health Technologies Fund: New MedTech Funding Deadline Set for May 9, 2018
- 12 Health Tech Projects Invigorated with $5.5M Government Grants
- Health Technologies Fund – Apply for MedTech Funding by June 21, 2017
- Canadian Patent Awarded for MedTech Research and Development
- Health Technologies Fund Provides $20M in Innovative Research Grants